View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:32 pm

Some seo tips for you 

Post Re: Some seo tips for you
Hi

I totally agree with you, linking is the most tedious and difficult step in SEO, and it also the powerful aspect :-)

Thanks

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

Hello

I am blogger at smashtech.blogspot.com and recently I experimented my blog post by adding meta tags for each of the post and result some unexpected behaviour like in the post and didn't result in a positive way.

So my question is Whether meta tags are required for each and every post of the blog ? if so what is the method to do so...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

Hello
Search Engine Optimization is often a trial and error affair. You do your best to get quality incoming links, properly interlink your site, remove extra keywords so that you don't look like a spam site just to see that in a month you have much worse SE rankings. Here we will deal with some common errors that webmasters often are not aware of, but correcting these cannot hurt your search engine placement. These errors are overlooked duplicate content on your own site.

You kidding! I don't have duplicate content!

Of course you as the webmaster know what content you publish, so you are pretty sure than there are no two identical articles or pages on your site. However, you might not even realize that search engines have two mirrors of your site! A quick test will answer your question: if your domain name is www.example.com, type example.com in your browser. If you can see your site, then you can be sure your site has two copies in search engine memories. These two domains look like two separate sites (indeed, you can configure your web server to have two different virtual hosts under each of these host names, or even point the www. subdomain to another IP).

So, you must assure that one of these domains redirects to another. It must be noticed here that this must be an external redirect (ie, when you go to example.com, the server must reply with HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently status code).

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:04 pm
Profile WWW